Gitter is operated by Troupe Technology Limited (“us” or “we”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08293148 and have our registered office at 18 Mitchell Road, West Malling, Kent ME19 4RF, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 157 1194 10.
You may only use Gitter for lawful purposes. You may not use Gitter:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- use excessive bandwidth;
- initiate excessive file uploads;
- initiate excessive application programming interface (API) calls;
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of Gitter;
- any equipment or network on which Gitter is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Gitter; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on Gitter, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
We may allow (but we are under no obligation to ensure that) certain users of Gitter the ability to moderate Gitter and enforce the terms of this acceptable use policy (“Community Channel Moderators”). You acknowledge that Community Channel Moderators are not employees, agents, directors or officers of us and we have no control over Community Channel Moderators’ actions and/or omissions. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from Community Channel Moderators’ actions and/or omissions.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Gitter (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and/or
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; and/or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We, or our Community Channel Moderators, will determine, in our/their discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of Gitter. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we (or the Community Channel Moderators) may take such action as we/they deem appropriate, which may include (but is not limited to) banning users from Gitter or all or some of its repositories and/or channels.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Gitter (including the banning of users from all or some repositories and/or channels);
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Gitter;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on Gitter.